Major Gifts Officer
The Major Gifts Officer (MGO) at America First Legal Foundation (AFL) will manage his/her own portfolio of major gift prospects and donors. The MGO will work closely with the Director of Development to develop and implement strategies for cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors and prospects with the capacity for a major gift of $10,000 to $1 million and above. The MGO will build strong long-term relationships with his/her caseload, comprised of generous donors to the organization who are committed to its mission. This is a great opportunity for a smart, hard-working person with development experience or a strong candidate with no previous fundraising experience to transition into development.
- Manage a portfolio of 125+ donors
- Identify, cultivate solicit, and steward major gift prospects and donors
- Actively engage in regular donor/prospect communications
- Plan, organize, and direct fundraising strategies and campaigns for major donors to AFL
- Meet predetermined fundraising goals
- Develop and maintain a high level of understanding of AFL work and priorities
- Track and report progress using specific metrics
- Travel 25-30% to meet with donors
- BA/BS required.
- At least 7 years of experience in development or business. Sales, marketing, and financial skills are preferred. Above all, we are looking for a smart, motivated person.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Passionate about AFL’s mission and vision.
- Willingness to travel 25-30% of the time.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently as required. Self-starter.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF file:
• Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position, America First Legal Foundation’s mission, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Director of Talent Engagement at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.